Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO ABSORB OTHER PEOPLE'S "STUFF"

I tend to absorb a lot of people's "stuff" so I have to be careful to not let it stick to me. After all if I am reaching out to them on behalf of guru and Krishna, I have to hear them. What they are saying, how they are feeling, what they are afraid of, what they think they have understood so far in life, etc. It is not impersonal. I am a person and they are a person.

I have stuff too that I am gradually getting rid of, but they have a lot more stuff since they are just being introduced to the process. If I am just running through the streets like on sankirtana throwing pamphlets at people that is one thing. Just keep running and throw as many as you can out to people. But If I am spending time with someone, one on one in my house. That is a different situation. It is more intimate in Krishna consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment