Tuesday, August 23, 2016

EARLY MORNING MEDITATION.. WORLD OF REFLECTIONS AND DESIGNATIONS

Early morning meditation:
Without engaging in devotional activities
we are caught in a reflection only.
Eyesight is a good way to try to understand.

I look at a reflection of myself in a mirror
It is not just myself I see but also my surroundings
The reflection has no substance It is a perception only.
I perceive myself and my surroundings on the surface of the glass.
Only my eyesight can perceive it. If I try to touch the images, there is only glass.
If I try to taste or smell or hear... there is only glass. 


For instance...sense of hearing. Consider sounds not aimed at devotional service.
There is the name only in sound. Water, water, water..
There is no water only the sound... water, water, water.
The substance "water" is different from the sound designating it.
If I try to see, touch or taste or smell... water.. There is no water there only the sound water.


The material world is the world of reflections and designations only.
All the sense are like that.
It is a little easier to perceive with sight and sound.
But the mind is also like that. 


Thoughts not engaged in devotional activities
can do nothing more than shuffle the reflections and designations around.
Such thoughts can never reach a conclusion. 

The very best the greatest thinkers can do is to realize there is more than the mind, the reflections, the designations.... but what that "more" is they cannot say without devotional activities.

The great, great, great mercy of the Lord's incarnation in the Hare Krishna Mahamantra:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
"Oh energy of the Lord, Hare, Oh Lord Krishna, please engage me in Your devotional service."

No comments:

Post a Comment