Thursday, December 1, 2016

PICK IT UP IT'S A ROPE

Pick it up it's a rope
Put it down it's a snake.


Srila Rupa Goswami's simple instructions:
Accept everything favorable for Krishna consciousness.
Reject everything unfavorable.


It is said that this is the only regulative principle for developing Krishna consciousness. The only two "rules!"

Money...
Yes pick it up it's a rope.. buy bhoga for offerings, pay for a place to live, buy paraphernalia for serving the Lord....
No no. Put it down.. it's a snake...thinking too much about money. How can I get money, if I do this then I can get money. If I do than then I can get money. I need more and more money. Where did Lord Krishna go?


Friendship..
Yes. Pick it up.. It's a rope..Here is some nice prasadam my friend. I will tell you something I heard today about Lord Krishna from Srila Prabhupada. Let's chant Hare Krishna. Here is Tulsi devi let's offer Her some water.
No. No. Put it down it's a snake. What? You want tell me about how you are eating chicken and think it is okay? You want to tell me about your son and how he likes to drink beer. You want to tell me about your animal pets? You want me to be your friend? Where did Lord Krishna go? 


Sex..
Yes. Pick it up. Let me marry. Raise nice children for Lord Krishna.
No.No Put it down. It's a snake.. anytime. anywhere. anyone. 


Easy to see for the individual. But also for the society, the culture the community... if there is going to be a Krishna conscious community...a movement... if there is going to be a Krishna consciousness movement. 

These are only the two rules. It's a wild ride for sure and wide open...completely dependent on the mercy of the Lord in the form of His pure devotees.

No comments:

Post a Comment