Thursday, December 1, 2016

OH, THIS IS JUST A REFLECTION

The material world is a perverted reflection of the spiritual world. What we think is fun here only seems like that because it is a reflection of spiritual activity. Which is great fun. Problem is in trying to enjoy a reflection.

If I see a reflection of ice cream in a mirror how will I taste the ice cream If I go towards it. I am going in the opposite direction of the actual ice cream and all I get is a cold hard surface of glass. There is ice cream but for that I have to turn around and go to actual source. The ice cream is there in Krishna consciousness.

It is like that with everything. Whatever I aspire for in the reflection only yields a cold hard surface like the glass in the mirror. Someone who is very intelligent can understand this just by hearing and surrenders to Lord Krishna. 

Others may hear but still they cannot stop going for the reflection. The reflection in the mirror appears so real. If I could just do like this or that I could easily get it.

Peacocks are attracted to their own reflections. They will stand in front of a shiny vehicle for hours and stare at their own reflection. They think it is actually another bird who has come to challenge him. They peck at the bird, but all they do is dent someone's car and get a hard smack on the beak. The owner comes out and chases the bird away yelling and throwing things at him.

Unfortunately no one can explain to the peacock his mistake and also he does not learn from his experience, because a few minutes later he is back again to fight with the reflection of himself.
We are also unfortunate like that. We hear and also we experience sometimes over and over and over again the futility of being attracted to the reflection.

Eventually we may get it. "Oh, this is just a reflection. I am going in the wrong direction let me turn around and go towards the source."

No comments:

Post a Comment