Friday, December 23, 2016

I WILL PARTY LATER

Holiday season in the West. People are running around here and there preparing for guests, parties and gift giving. There is a kind of pressure that if someone is not engaged in the same way as so many people then they are useless or something less than human. It can be a very depressing time for many people, who feel left out and alone. It's an illusion. 

I have been through so many holidays. It is not my position to celebrate. I am fine. Everyday is the same for me. Holiday or no holiday. It doesn't matter. The great mercy of Hare Krishna.
I have no desire to jump into the melee and thrash around.
None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.


But I do not decry those who are caught up in festivities.
It is for them. It is not for me. 


Up at 2am in the still and quiet. Chanting japa along with Srila Prabhupada mp3 visions of the spiritual world. I will party later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQYPyyC054&t=118s

No comments:

Post a Comment