Saturday, May 21, 2016

THE PERSONALITY OF GODHEAD WHO ISN'T A PERSONALITY

Recently I posted a comment on a Krishna West devotee's Facebook page.
It was a response to another comment.
The comment I was commenting on was something like this.
Devotee comment: No devotees helped me. I was reading Srila Prabhupada's books and began chanting and offering my food.
No one helped me. I figured it out myself.
My replied: But you cannot say "no one" helped you. Srila Prabhupada is the greatest devotee. He helped you.
The Krishna West devotee deleted the comment and messaged me that I shouldn't post like that on his page. Then evidently in a fit of consternation blocked me. The tone of my reply may have seemed a little harsh, perhaps I could have presented more gently but I tend to be straightforward and even blunt. It was his page and he was developing a mood and tone.The tone of my comment may have upset the devotee. Nevertheless....
I got a glimpse of something....
That is why I say... what is coming out of Hridyananda's preaching platform is impersonal. It may just be this particular devotee who is assimilating the teachings in Krishna West in this way but I tend to think it is a subtle thread that is running through the effort.
The sannyasi who isn't a sannyasi. The guru who isn't a guru. The personality of Godhead who isn't a personality.

Meena Devi Dasi's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment