Tuesday, December 15, 2015

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S FALSE TEETH

George Washington's False Teeth
He's so funny. The dentist.
Young man.
He worked so hard. Almost three hours.
To remove a crown and prepare for a replacement.
I think a lot about having them all out
and getting dentures.
He always tells me what he's going to do before he does it.
He's a little clumsy
"Now I'm going to put this cotton roll under your tongue."
Oops. He dropped it.
The Novocaine didn't work at all.
I toughed it out rather than him trying
to shoot in some more stuff.
And then I am a little nervous for my eye.
The metal probes, picks and mirrors
and whatever else he has in there....
pulls them out a little too quickly
and within a fraction of an inch of my eye.
But he got the work done.
Friendly.
Likes to chat.
He is going to Wash DC for two weddings next month
and is all excited about going to the dental museum
to see George Washington's False Teeth.
I had to laugh.
He has the Gita.
I will bring up the subject of Krishna
when I go back in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment