Saturday, June 25, 2016

THE DUTY

Set aside two hours to chant the sixteen rounds.
That is the task.
Still the mind so obviously... "Oh don't keep chanting.
Do this other thing. You can get back to chanting later."
"Mind, you nonsense. This is the duty now. This what this time is set aside for. Why are nagging like this? You think you are this body and senses. That is all you know. And this chanting isn't bringing sense gratification. Are you a child that needs toys and sweets to take the medicine?"
"I will shout the Holy Name louder than you can make your noise.
There now you are quiet, for a minute or two. Until the vow of sixteen to Srila Prabhupada is done don't even try to tempt me with anything else. After the sixteen rounds are completed we will have all sorts of things to do. So just accept it. This time is set aside for japa. Bas..."
On the 16th round....
I am not thinking, "Oh good almost done, now I can do whatever I want and the mind will be happy." No, I am not thinking like that. I am thinking, "When I finish this round I will be at the mercy of this crazy mind. Dear Lord Krishna, please protect me."

No comments:

Post a Comment