Wednesday, June 8, 2016

FOREST FOR THE TREES

I posted that the Hare Krishna movement is just that. The movement for chanting Hare Krishna. This was the post.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=494222944116128&set=a.114588718746221.1073741828.100005852791614&type=3
This was contemporary godbrother who became irate. "Srila Prabhupada set up varnashrama dharma and temples and deities how dare you say they were not important." Which of course is not at all what I said. Lashing into me about offending Srila Prabhupada and not following his instructions. yada yada yada. When I tried to explain what I had meant by the post he became even angrier. So I could see that there is strong element within the society that wants to limit ISKCON to varnashrama dharma. Certainly varnashrama dharma is there, but it is not the sole purpose of the Hare Krishna movement. (Ramandana roy who?)
He wouldn't hear of it and finally accused me of being a "cyber bully?" I posted a photo (below) to try to help him. Which obviously did not go over well. I think there may have been some male ego thing going on.
There is a big undercurrent about position of women and by me even trying to say anything at all was probably the real problem. Women's position like children, seen but not heard I guess. But I could understand the mood that is going on in the society by his exchange. Like when Tamal Krishna wanted to get rid of all the women and children.. Just ship them off somewhere. Srila Prabhupada definitely did not approve anything like that.
Like

No comments:

Post a Comment