Saturday, June 25, 2016

RUKMINI PRAYS TO LORD KRISHNA, BROTHER OF BALARAMA.

Rukmini contacted Krishna via a brahmana messenger. She had never met or seen Krishna. She had only heard about Him. But that hearing was enough for her to become completely attached to him. In her written message she explains what she thinks her qualifications may be for allowing her to approach Him for a personal relationship.
She sees her previous devotional service as serving Narayana... but here she is appealing to the Lord to serve Him in His form as Krishna... the brother of Balarama... in Dvarka.
Without hearing from the pure devotee Vaishnava in line of Sri Chaitanya mahaprabhu it is not possible to understand these things.
"My dear Lord, in my previous life I may have done public welfare work like digging wells and growing trees, or pious activities such as performing ritualistic ceremonies and sacrifices and serving the superior spiritual master, the brahmanas and Vaishnavas. By these activities, perhaps I have pleased the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana. If this is so, then I wish that You, Lord Krishna, the brother of Lord Balarama, would please come here and catch hold of my hand so that I may not be touched by Sisupala and his company." KB 51

No comments:

Post a Comment