Wednesday, June 8, 2016

HELLO LITTLE LIZARD

Chanting japa
Someone comes near.
(thinking)
"Hello, little lizard. Can you hear the Holy Name?"
He moves his head to the side and looks quizzically.
Chanting japa
I wave my left hand to him. He is not disturbed.
Climbs the nearby rubber tree plant to come closer.
Now he is eye level.
Chanting japa
I hold out my left hand to him.
(thinking)
"Here, please take the holy Name."
I feel love in my heart.
"We are the same.
No doubt I have had a birth like yours. Maybe more than once."
He puffs out his throat and bobs up and down.
Chanting japa.
My hand is within a few inches.
He is watching me and shows no fear.
Chanting japa
He grabs at something. Probably a small insect and eats.
(thinking)
"So, you are tasting something. Oh if I could only taste the Holy Name."
Chanting japa
I start to cry.
(thinking)
"I cannot help anyone at all.
Only Krishna and the bonafide spiritual master can help anyone.
The spiritual master does not manifest ecstatic symptoms.
If he did the disciples would imitate.
Since they will imitate anyway, it is better to present as very self controlled.
So that even in imitating there can be some progress.
Otherwise the disciples would simply act like lunatics laughing and crying at the same time and rolling on the ground."
Maharaja Bharata became attracted to a baby deer.
No doubt he was not simply thinking of the deer as a pet
but he was thinking of the welfare of deer.
He developed loving feelings for that living entity.
Where to repose our loving sentiments?
Not so easy.
Only if Krishna is pleased then His yoga maya will act.
Otherwise His maha maya will act.

Show more reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment