Wednesday, June 8, 2016

ARKURA OR THE COWHERD BOYS...MATHURA

Krishna is engaged in a pastime with the cowherd boys of Vrndavan... The pastime of entering Mathura... The boys do not relate to Krishna with awe and reverence. Whereas Akrura does. He declines Akrura's offer to go with him and instead prefers to separate from Akrura and engage fully with the cowherd boys.
"Upon reaching the entrance to Mathura, Krishna and Balarama got down from the chariot and shook hands with Akrura. Krishna informed Akrura, 'You may go home now because We shall enter Mathura along with Our associates.' "
How Krishna reciprocates perfectly with everyone. Here Akrura is well aware of the position of Krishna and Balarama as the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and addresses Him as such as is appropriate for a resident of Mathura offering him respect with awe and reverence... as well as natural affection as an uncle.
Akrura replied, "My dear Lord, I cannot go to Mathura alone, leaving You aside. I am Your surrendered servant. Please do not try to avoid me. Please, come along with me, with Your elder brother and cowherd boy friends, and sanctify my house. My dear Lord, if You come, my home will be sanctified by the dust of Your lotus feet. The water emanating from the perspiration of Your lotus feet, namely the Ganges, purifies everyone, including the forefathers, the fire-god and all other demigods. King Bali Maharaja has become famous simply by washing Your lotus feet, and all his relatives have achieved the heavenly planet due to his contact with the Ganges water. Bali Maharaja himself enjoyed all material opulences and
later on was elevated to the highest exalted position of liberation. The Ganges water not only sanctifies the three worlds but is carried on the head of Lord Siva. 0 Supreme Lord of all lords! 0 master of the universe! I offer my respectful obeisances unto You."
Krishna's response to Akrura is the same response Krishna gives to Kubja, the hunchback woman, who pleased Krishna with her service of offering sandalwood pulp to Him instead of to the Kamsa. Although both Akrura and Kubja are pure devotees their mood of service does not gain them access to confidential exchanges.
"On hearing this, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, replied, "Akrura, I shall surely come to your home with My elder brother Balarama, but only after killing all the demons who are envious of the Yadu dynasty. In this way I shall please all My relatives." Krishna Book CH 40
Krishna and Balarama do visit both Akrura and Kubja at a later time and fulfill their desires.
Show more reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment