Monday, January 11, 2016

I WONDER

My father... my guru
His books of poetry in his hand
sitting in the nursing home
I published them for him
edited and illustrated them.
It was a way to get to know him better.
Serving him in something he loves
to write poetry.
He can't write now...his hands won't hold a pen.
He can hardly see, the optic nerves have deteriorated.
But he has his books of poetry to share with the world.
Four small volumes.
His face lit up as he saw me approaching with several copies.
Fondly thumbing through them... as if meeting old friends.
He was about go on book distribution.
He is an expert book distributor.
I was awestruck how genuinely he wanted
each person that he called over to him
to take one and hear what was written there.
His heart, his feelings, his revelations, and visions.
He did not discriminate who.
If he could get one into their hands
He was successful... at least they touched it.
I sat amazed.
He is a spiritual master in his own right.
If he doesn't go back to Godhead,
Oh if he could take birth in the great movement of Lord Chaitanya
I would gladly serve him again.
He would write wonderful books about Krishna consciousness
I would edit, illustrate, publish and distribute them.


No comments:

Post a Comment