Thursday, January 14, 2016

BIG PANDAL PROGRAM

One thing I see is that some people think that
simply hearing from Srila Prabhupada in His books is enough.
In one sense it is. In another sense it isn't.
It's like there is a big pandal program and there are 10,000 people. 
Srila Prabhupada is speaking and everyone can hear. Everyone is benefited.
Now someone who is eager to make further progress
will approach Srila Prabhupada for initiation.
But if Srila Prabhupada has left the planet they cannot approach Him.
They must approach someone in line of succession who is still on the planet.
Sometimes I hear people say... "Srila Prabhupada is the last acarya."
This is crazy. If anything He is the first acarya (ISKCON founder acarya)
and also His title. Prabhupada...
The spiritual master at whose feet other spiritual masters take shelter.
Not the spiritual master at whose feet there are no other spiritual masters.
This issue has been confusing to me for 40 years.
It is not confusing anymore. I am thankful.
Now I am free to serve my spiritual master in the mood of separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment