Monday, July 18, 2016

VEGETARIAN EEEEK

So funny.
Family night for the family members of people in the dementia unit of assisted living. They choose a different restaurant each time, meeting once a month. It's always a trip for me. We all know what devotees go through in such situations if they find themselves having to be in a restaurant.
What to order?
Tonight it was Olive Garden.
Turns out it isn't all that easy to just order a salad, at least not for our waitress. I took a look at her and I could see her eyes rolling in her head in different directions.
Vegetarian? EEEK..Panic.. It just did not compute.
Not going to get any help here.
It was like a trap had been set for me.
If this waitress could mess up she would.
She did.

Small salad with Italian dressing. After a few bites, one of the members asks, "What's in the dressing?"
She goes back to the kitchen... anyone ever hear of Italian dressing with eggs in it?
I'm sure I spoiled everyone's dinner.
My immediate response was to spit everything out onto my plate.
Out of the corner of my eye I could see the looks of horror as they stared at me over their spaghetti and meat balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment