Monday, July 18, 2016

BADGERED

One devotee has badgered me... that I am sentimental and emotional about the editing. That the editing is completely bonafide and is what Srila Prabhupada wants. (Even though Srila Prabhupada is not physically present to say anything.) This devotee has "toughed me out." Squashed me under his shoe like a bug.
Yes I am emotional about changes to Srila Prabhupada's books after His disappearance.
No I am not open to hearing "any reasons" why changes should be made. Not even the planet of trees...
You go and preach to the whole world the edited books 1984.
Belittle my attachment to His unedited books.
Tell me I am a fool, offensive, stupid, emotional, washed up, crazy, useless, a piece of crap,
Yes you go ahead and preach to the whole world the changed books 1984.
And I will die holding onto His Bhagavad gita as it is 1972.
This beautiful book, with the beautiful pictures and the extraordinary cover. Krishna and Arjuna coming right at me as I look at them.
Yes, you tell me Hayagriva, blah, blah...
Go on talking all your reasons why this beautiful book is full of warts and how you have faith in Jayadvaita.
And I will die holding Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad gita as it is 1972.
There is no other book like Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad gita as it is 1972.
This is my deity.
You are a blasphemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment