Monday, July 18, 2016

HARE KRISHNA-WHATEVER THAT MEANS

All the problems with gardeners.
But today the boss on the job knocked on the door.
"What should we do today?"
Ha ha. Jaya Sri Krishna. The duck that quacks gets the cracker.
"Yes mow, do everything. Weedeat. Edge trim. Everything.
I have a new system that works. Red flags."

I made little red flags from red material from Walmart, $1.50 and straightened old wire clothes hangers.
My father never threw anything away so of course kept a closet full of wire coat hangers. "Never know when you might need them for something."
I ask him, he has a beautiful face. Round and soft. Like a full moon and beautiful blue green-eyes, "How are you today?" He says, "Not as good as you. But I'm here."
"What's wrong?"
"I have to work...you don't."
"Oh but you will have money"
He frowns, "As soon as I get it, it's gone. I never have money and I work, work, work."
"Yes, Work to make the payments on the car so you can drive the car to work."
"Exactly. No work no car payments."
"Oh, but that is not good for the economy.." a dig at the government propaganda and the present economic problems.
A member of the work crew interrupts.
"What should we do?"
He says, "Do everything. Just watch out for the little flags and don't cut the plants down."
I say, "It's hard work, hot and bugs and they wear long sleeve clothing. Sweating and noisy and dirty. "Thank you so much."
He starts to drive away,
"Hare Krishna."
He calls back as his truck starts to pull away, "Whatever that means.."
"Oh what that means!!!," I exclaim. He stops.
Pausing to ask Krishna for the right words to glorify Him, His Holy Name. "Oh God, please let me remember You.. serve You. I have to serve anyway... (looking at Him..) the car payments the job... but let me do this in the awareness that I am part of You and offer this in a mood of service to you. I want to think of You, to love you. Not hate and you be mad at you."
He smiles.
Next time I will have prasadam and a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment