Monday, July 18, 2016

IT BEGINS WITH WANTING

The thought occurred to me today that there is no substitute for pure devotional service.
Concern over keeping ISKCON on track can only be accomplished when the devotees become pure.
No amount of rules, quoting quotes, committee meetings, etc. will be able to keep ISKCON on track. Only purity. Plain and simple.
It may sound a little extreme by today's standards but Srila Prabhupada certainly wants the followers to become pure devotees.
Since there is nothing left for me in material society or in devotee society the only thing left for me to aspire to is to become a pure devotee. I have no idea how to "step by step" become a pure devotee. But I am certain that it begins with wanting to become a pure devotee.
Whatever it takes. I want to be a pure devotee. I am hearing that it is available now on the planet. I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment