Friday, April 1, 2016

TODAY I COULD BE INSTRUMENTAL

Thank you Krishna.
Today I could be instrumental.
I got a notice from the home association...my father's house...
"Two trees in the front of the house have be removed."
The trees are not bothering anything,
but the home association is fine tuned to appearances.
...Keep property values up....
One tree, a cypress... home for the squirrel family and many bromeliads..
air plants...as well numerous other living entities
And a queen palm.. slightly kinked near the top but not dangerous.
In order to avoid any more interaction with the home association
I decided to just go ahead.
No one is supposed to have fruit trees.
Reason... the animals might come...
And I have five avocados, a bananas grove, three pineapple plants,
four coconut palms (they are definitely a no.. no)
and until recently.. some of them fell over in a wind storm,
sixteen papaya trees.
So these two innocent trees were to become a sacrifice
to protect the other trees from the scrutiny of the home association.
I felt awful to have to do it. But if I don't comply
they make a big fight and then there are fines
and all sorts of ill feelings and I become a sore spot
and they are looking what else I may be defying them.
So Daniel and his crew came today.
What a surprise....
When Daniel saw my hand in my bead bag his eyes got very big.
His father in Columbia was a hippie in the 70's and joined Hare Krishna .
Shaved up and was following the temple program as a brahmacari.
But he left after a month deciding the life of a monk was not for him.
At that time in the movement householder ashram was not easily available.
He would tell Daniel stories about when he was a Hare Krishna
before Daniel was born and always thinks about Hare Krishna.
OMG Krishna. What nectar.
Daniel's three man crew were such gentlemen.
I heard one say to the other...
"See when you let go of trying to control everything...
things work out."
I commented... "Oh, a philosopher"
He laughed, "Oh, no... Just repeating what someone told me."
I prepared goodie bags in the kitchen while they finished up.
Everyone got a papaya, cold bottled water,
and Krishna conscious literature.
Spanish Perfection of Yoga for the one man
who did most of the work who only spoke Spanish,
English Perfection of Yoga for the "philosopher"
whose eyes lit up when he took it.
And full Bhagavad Gita As it is 1970 for Daniel....
who was meeting a family friend he had heard about from his father.
What an experience. It is almost too rich.
Even the poor cypress was not simply chopped up and shredded.
Daniel is sending him to a carpenter.
The cypress will be engaged in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment