Friday, April 1, 2016

THE NEIGHBOR STOPPED TO TALK

The neighbor stopped to talk
She talks at me, rapid fire,
like a child telling their mother
what happened at school that day.
She can go on for hours. It is torture. 
She even seems to get bigger physically as she torrents
"Oh Lord Chaitanya, help me. What should I do?"
Right while she is blasting away at the ether
I say, "Lord Chaitanya has come 500 year ago
to ask everyone to please chant Hare Krishna."
As soon as I did the grip she had on me was immediately loosened.
Her hypnotic capture of my attention had no more potency.
She stopped and said, "I have my religion,
so why do I need this...Hare Krishna?"
We both laugh..... She has just vibrated Hare Krishna.
I say Hare Krishna and laugh .
She says again two more times, "Hare Krishna. Hare Krishna"
like there is something stuck on her tongue.
More laughing.
The she started in again for another round of
blaring maya sounding off.
Again I start to pray while she is rambling on...
"Jaya sri-krishna-chaitanya, prabhu nityananda, sri-adwaita gadadhara, shrivas-adi-gaura-bhakta-vrinda"
She began chanting Hebrew prayers to keep up with me.
More laughing.
She said, "What you are doing is good."
I gave her a hug and a very big papaya. I have so many now.

No comments:

Post a Comment