Friday, April 1, 2016

HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR ROAD SIGNS?


A few years ago, I was pulled over for running a light.
The officer chastised me,
"Don't you realize this vehicle is a weapon!!!!
It is a several thousand pound missile projected at great speed."

We are all so unconscious... Swept away by maya.
Not just us... the entire material world. Every planet..
Every conditioned soul. All different arrangements everywhere...
all illusory.

Practically speaking we can stay here forever
going from one situation to another,
one planet to another, endlessly being born and dying...
Now this way, now that way.
But all suffering and unfulfillment.

This is not depressing. It is great news...
Like taking a wrong turn and ending up
very far from the desired goal.
And then finding out,
"Oh, I have taken a wrong turn."
It is not depressing, it is good news,
I have discovered the problem.
Now I can correct my direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment