Friday, November 11, 2016

IT WAS AN EMERGENCY

From Facebook:
Yup. If we get into an interesting exchange you might find our exchange re-posted. I figure if you posted it publicly then in the comments it's no big deal if I re-post it again publicly with top billing.
Gayatri Johnston When we joined the Movement friends and family were left behind.
Meena Devi Dasi It was an emergency. It still is...
Gayatri JohnstonTrue the emergency now is when I'm near death will devotees be there to help me over or put Srila Prabhupada music on or will I go alone.
Meena Devi Dasi Right. It's not that I'm necessarily going to pass out of this material situation in the middle of a rip roaring kirtan or something. To be honest with you, I kinda don't want "devotees" to be surrounding me at that time. Please don't get me wrong. But if I don't want them around me now when I'm still somewhat healthy and functional why would I want them around me then?
I think the problem is what we consider to be "a devotee" is not really "a devotee." A "devotee" is actually very, very rare. Anyway let me practice as best I can in every situation to try to somehow find Krishna consciousness there then I won't be caught off guard when the big moment comes. Which could be at any moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment