Saturday, July 8, 2017

NEW TEXT BOOK

He was very bad today. Badly behaved that is. They couldn't leave him alone in the room. The only thing that solaced him was to sit with the nurses at the nurses station half reclined in the special chairs they have for the patients. So there he was in the middle of all activity at the nurses' station lying in the recliner taking it all in and offering his advice.

They took the opportunity of my arriving for a visit to wheel him back into his room. There was no lack of subject matter for him to converse about. But none of it made any sense at all. I just had to nod and say something like, "Wow" or "That seems right."

He thought I was my brother who passed away 35 years ago and I had just come from school. I took the opportunity to show him one of new text books. "Sri Isopanishad." He doesn't see very well and if he really knew it was a book about Krishna he would not have even touched it and turned his nose up.
But since I was my brother and this was a new textbook he gladly took it and looked at all the pictures and thumbed through the texts commenting on how nice this book was. And there was Lord Vishnu looking back at him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment