Saturday, July 8, 2017

FEVER PITCH...

Caught in a difficult place.
Cancelled Dad's HMO
but can't find his Medicare card or number.
The pharmacy called and they need to bill his most expensive drugs.
Yikes.
For some reason did not record user name and password for SSA.gov. so am locked out.
But Medicare will send a replacement card in 30 days!!!
He takes 3pages of chemicals. On chemical life support.
My stress level is through the roof.
Can't get anyone on the phone, all answering machines.

Krishna's mercy.
I thought to call the HMO we just cancelled with.
They must have his medicare # on file. But will they give it to me over the phone?
Yes. They have it. The young woman on the other end was so understanding.
Yes. She will give it to me.
In great relief I asked, "You believe in God?" She wasn't sure what I was asking. Maybe another number or something. Then she heard the question. "Yes. I do"
I could share my realizations with her as they came flooding in. "What a world we are living in! It is all intangibles. Numbers and files and information. Categories designations. None of it real. It is all in the air somewhere. But we live by them. We accept them as real. So why do people have such a difficult time accepting that God is real?"
She understood what I was trying to say.
"Maybe this is His way of bringing us to Him. One of His ways. Bringing us to such a fever pitch of dealing with things that have no real substance as if they were real. And having it become obvious that that is what we are doing. So that we can accept Him."
And it is a fever pitch. The increased technology and information streams are wild. The sense that we are indeed living in a virtual reality. Something truly incredible is happening all around us. We have to take advantage of the telephone and communication to make the most important call...
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment