Saturday, July 8, 2017

ANCIENT ONES


Friends have shown such kindness in this difficult situation. I appreciate your kindness and concern. I try to help my father as best I can. With practical things and somehow engaging him in Krishna consciousness. He hears me chanting when I sit with him.

Seniors, or as I refer to them... "the ancient ones"... are different from us. They are crossing over and undergoing so many rapid changes. physically as well as emotionally and psychologically.
He has developed oozing sores and itching rashes all over his body. No one knows what is causing it. I was considering how this can be a special ailment reserved for someone who has committed some personal offenses to Lord Krishna or a devotee.

But he does have a lot of integrity in having fulfilled duties and responsibilities for work and family. I'm sure he has a bright future wherever he may be heading. I was fortunate to have a father like him. I don't see how I deserved such a favorable situation. Not perfect....but what is perfect around here? But certainly very favorable.

Trying to brace myself for the inevitable. It could be today or tomorrow or years from now. The people where he is living are in their hundreds. 104, 105...He's a young one. Only 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment