Saturday, February 18, 2017

POURING GASOLINE ON A FIRE TO PUT IT OUT

When we see that all our activities in the material world are really just controlled by the three modes of material nature there is no need to beat ourselves up if we slip or make a mistake this way or that in judgment. The real battle is simply transcending the modes. 

The mode of passion is especially powerful now. Getting more. More. and more. Somehow it will satisfy me. But there is never any relief. Only more and more and more. Like pouring gasoline on a fire to put it out. Srila Prabhupada was fond of comparing like that.

So what to do when the mode of passion floods in? First of all recognized what is happening. That it is simply the mode of passion. That's 99% of the solution. That intelligence comes from the Lord within the heart. No need to berate one self, or pound how stupid or useless, etc. The modes are very difficult to overcome. 

They are designed like that by the Master Designer, the Lord Himself. Without acknowledging the Lord the Controller of the controllers it is not possible to become free from the control of the material energy. 

"Oh My master, I take shelter of You. Please lever let me forget You. You are the controller of the controllers of the modes of material nature. You alone can protect me from the modes of passion and ignorance and even the bewildering material mode of goodness with it's false sense of happiness and security. I am Yours. I wouldn't have it any other way now that I have met your Pure Devotee His Divine Grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment