Friday, March 29, 2013

TWO OLD MEN




Yesterday I wandered around a shopping plaza playing the drum and chanting. Again received wonderfully. At one point, I stood in the middle of the parking lot and looked all around, chanting the Holy Names of God and became immersed in tuning in on the Life of All that Lives. Strolling , drumming and chanting sometimes there was noone around but there were birds and trees. I was absorbed.

As I approached an outside cafe area several people were sipping coffee or whatever at the little tables along the sidewalk. Two old men were there. One was standing the other sitting. They motioned me to come closer so they could hear better. (My chanting is not very loud, nor is the drumming loud.) The man standing began to dance with arms in the air and laughing. He touched the drum and danced some more  Everyone was watching and enjoying the fun.

The old man sitting motioned me to come closer and chant in his ear. I leaned close and chanted the mantra into his ear. He lit up. Literally. I could see him change. He sat back and smiled and called out loudly, Hare Krishna. A big smile. When he chanted Hare Krishna it had such force that I was pushed back ten feet and the chanting and was suspended  The drum kept beat but I was stunned. When I finally could chant again it was different. It was a loud long Hare Krishna. I believe he was able to receive the mantra within his heart. It felt to me like a heart to heart communication.

People are like the walking dead. We have the medicine. The philosophy is there, books and books of philosophy to establish beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is God and what the nature of God is and how to approach Him. Now that we are convinced let us take the actual medicine. Glorification of the Lord made easy in the form of chanting. Nitai gauranga..
Gauraharidas Avadhuta Facebook
Gauraharidas Avadhuta youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment