Saturday, March 23, 2013

SANKIRTAN YAJNA




Today I spent all day hearing and chanting. I read from Nectar of Devotion Nectar of Devotion and listened to Amala Bhakta prabhu's reading of Chaitanya Charitamrta Chaitanya Charitamrta . I felt like a ghost. Empty. I listened and listened. I chanted and chanted. Empty.
When I heard how Lord Chaitanya descended with His associates for pasttimes I was relieved.
Tomorrow I go and chant in the shopping areas. The Walmart parking lots and plazas. I have a child's mrdunga, not too heavy to carry for a 66 year woman. No official attire or dress. Just the Holy Name. I will purify myself and others will hear and get the mercy too.
Jaya Gauraharidas avadhuta who goes everyday through the streets of Mayapura with his stringed instrument, chanting and dancing. The shop keepers call him the mood changer.
Gauraharida thakur

No comments:

Post a Comment