Saturday, March 30, 2013

FLOWERS FROM THE CREEPER OF BHAKTI


I was seeing Srila Prabhupada as He was leaving. Everyone concerned with leadership. But He knew Krishna would take of everything. Like when He installed the Deity in Australia. He saw the devotees were not really up to Brahminical standards to maintain Deity worship but He spoke to Krishna that He would more or less have to take care of Himself. It may have been something like that as He was leaving the planet and the question of who was qualified to lead, to act as guru. Lord Caitanya Himself would have to be guru. The spirit of Devotional Service having been poured out on the world in a big way would guide us. Lord Krishna in the mood of Radharani. Sri Krishna Chaitanya. 

As with the appearance and disappearance of Lord Jesus. 


We are dealing with spirit here. Spiritual energy. And that spiritual energy works wonderfully. We will naturally gravitate towards each other, those of same mind and heart. 

Sumati prabhu was my first teacher. I would cry to see her serve Radha gopi ballava. To hear her chant japa brought tears to my eyes. I did a lot of crying in Sumati prabhu's association in the early 70's at Boston temple. She engaged me in the service of the Lord by going through the neighborhood in the Boston suburbs of Brighton, the early temple, with a wheelbarrow, BTG's and little prasadam cakes to approach the neighbors for flowers from their yards. I would come back with the wheelbarrow full and the altar was always flooded with gorgeous flower arrangements and decorations. Roses, fruit tree blossoms, sunflowers, zinnias, vines, whatever was growing nearby. She had me polish all twelve brass vases every day, so they glowed like gold. That was an incredible time for me. In her association. I was not able to reveal my mind to her or enter any kind of discussion and became angry after some time. I offended her by throwing a chapati at her frisbee style across the prasadam room. It hit Sumati prabhu on the side of the face and I was made to leave the temple. I went to LA. Srila Prabhupada was there and the publication of Chaitanya charitamrita was underway. 

I am ever indebted to Sumati for engaging me like that. I was nothing but a street urchin that wandered in one day.


Jaya Gauraharidas. I cry to see your devotion. You are engaging me in collecting flowers from the tree of bhakti for the pleasure of Lord Sri Krishna Chaitanya. I was nothing but dry mental speculator until I wandered into your assembly. 

Gauraharidas Avadhuta Facebook
Gauraharidas Avadhuta youtube




1 comment:

  1. how funny and intimately informal telling krishna he would have to more or less take care of himself. This is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete