Friday, March 11, 2016

IT IS NOT PREJUDICE

Sometimes when I am describing something that happened
and the people involved I mention physical characteristics...
Thin Black lady from Haiti, or the Korean dentist,
or the German man with the thick accent, the Indian math teacher...
But I don't necessarily single out in description
people that have similar characteristic to myself.
The white person from Florida.
Since I am the one doing the describing
it is natural that things will be seen from my perspective
and people that appear different from me by bodily characteristics,
race or national origin or sex... I will make note of it.
It is not prejudice. It is just the way the set is arranged for the performance. The challenge within that setting is to find Krishna.
Just making everything all one with no variety is not going to work.
Yes we are not these bodies
but they are what we have to work with.
There are differences. There are varieties.
It is a festival of human costumes.
8,400.000......
The differences are wonderful. Like birds...
So many different types of birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment