Friday, March 25, 2016

ROOT CANAL HELL PART 1

What am I not getting?
The crown on a molar placed 5 years ago was not seated properly.
I knew it at the time there would be problems later
But the dentist was done.
He wasn't going to try to work on it any more.
So yes now the tooth is infected
And the bone underneath tooth.
I had to go through three dentists
before I could find someone who was willing
to commit the terrible sin of pulling a tooth.
Shock and horror!!!
If I hear "root canal" one more time
I might actually kill someone.
I don't get it.
Dentists fill and remove teeth.
What's the big deal?
Finally after months of this much to do about nothing
I have an appointment with an oral surgeon.
Why it has to be an oral surgeon?
It's not complicated.
Just an abscess with a little infection underneath.
Clearly visible on the x-ray. Even I can see it.
I feel like I am about to do something totally abominable.
Have a tooth pulled....
Prophetic voices from the sky shouting
"No! not that..."
Dentistry like everything else
has become way too complicated
driven by the desire to keep the illusion
of permanence of the material body.

No comments:

Post a Comment