Monday, February 22, 2016

KALI YUGA...THE WINTER

The mode of ignorance is where the destructive forces are.
Very active during this time.
All the harmonious natural designs
authorized by the ultimate creator Lord Narayana
and carried out by the subsequent creator Lord Brahma 
are experiencing the deterioration.
It's like a mini death of the universe... Kali yuga... the winter....
Time is connected to the three modes...
Unfortunately I can't remember the interesting passage I read
where the exact connection was discussed.
It may have been Srila Jiva Goswami's commentary on the Bhagavam.
I had to give it a break.... getting way ahead of myself in the reading.
When "the time" is right and I catch up with myself
I want to revisit his writings.
Nothing is as it seems. Our window of perception is very narrow.
Just like there are wave lengths of light our eyes cannot perceive....
of sound our ears cannot hear....
the working of the universal affairs are beyond our direct perception.
We can know of them by hearing from the acaryas.
Or as Krishna says to Arjuna....
"But what need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe." BG 10.42 smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment