Wednesday, July 31, 2013

STREET LEVEL

     
     Had such a good time today. Johnny Forty joined me in chanting at the supermarket. He was a little drunk. But it was so much fun hearing him chant. He was pretty off key... kind of like a cat in the middle of the night... but it was ecstatic. I couldn't stop smiling. All the people started smiling too. We were the only ones chanting. It must have been a very unusual sight. 

     O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by chanting Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them. SIKSASTAKA #2

     It was funny because he made believe to give me money and then took it away. Whether or not to accept donations which people offer has been an issue for me and after refusing 5 times yesterday to take money I realized it was false renunciation. They are offering money to serve Krishna. So I decided to accept donations if anyone offers. So it was surprising when Johnny said, "You don't know who I am!"... as he made believe to give me money and then take the money back.

     I finally told him. I don't want your money I want you to chant. And he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment