Tuesday, July 16, 2013

IN RESPONSE TO MEERA PANIGRAHI - TOUCHING FEET


IN RESPONSE TO MEERA PANIGRAHI'S

     Some days I become so aware of my own false pride that I do not want to look into the face of anyone. Knowing that when they look back at me they will see my fallen state and I will see their recognition of me in their face. A mirror. This is especially true in the presence of a senior vaisnava, who by the way may be younger than me in age, but who is senior to me in devotion to the Lord. In the presence of such a person I take shelter at their feet. These practices are not just rituals. There is deep devotional significance. A culture that supports the ritual keeps the door open so that someone may hit the jackpot someday and take shelter of some real feet.

     Not to be disrespectful, please forgive me, but on the humorous side.... There is a little story in the West about a princess who was trying to find a prince to marry. She was told by a mystic that she would find her prince by kissing a frog that was really a prince. So she busily began kissing frogs. She had to kiss quite a lot of frogs before she found the prince who merely appeared to be a frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment