Saturday, May 4, 2013

A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY

                            
                                      

A little light goes a long way in a dark place. I have not gone out to chant in public for a few weeks but I can see the effects of what little public chanting I was able to do.
Just before beginning the chanting yajna one day I had to go to the bank. I had the mrdunga drum with me and must have looked unusual as my clothing was very colorful and I was no doubt beaming and radiating just from the shear ecstasy of thinking that I would be chanting in a few minutes.
Evidently this attracted the attention of others, but one young woman in particular who is a teller. She immediately began asking me question from behind the bank window cage. Disregard for time and place, amazing especially in an environment so restrictive as a bank, took hold and we were engaged in topics of transcendence. She is searching for a spiritual path. She is longing for Truth. I shared with her what I could in the brief few minutes that Maya devi allowed us the freedom to communicate devotionally and gave her the YouTube link to Gaurahari prabhu's Temple of the Heart online sangas.
The next time I went to the bank she made sure to wait on me from behind the window cage. We again lost track of time and place and discussed a bit more about the goal of life. She and her friends had viewed the YouTube sanga.
Each time I go to the bank we are communicating more about the these topics.
At the super market also, the employees remember the day I chanted with mrdunga outside the entrance. They smile and greet me.
We shall see how the spirit of love and devotion for the Lord guides us.
The Lord's devotional potency is supremely potent, just as He is supremely potent. One pure drop of Love of God can drown the entire world in Love of God.
Our only mission is to become pure enough to purely serve that drop of love and devotion.
This is the measure of success and nothing else.
Jaya Radhe

1 comment:

  1. OM Hare KRSNA Very nice Meena dd. Your words are inspirational and anyone that reads them should feel fortunate, as this fallen soul has. You are doing what many these days find to be foolish when in fact IT IS a pure sign of devotion. All Glories to Sri KRSNA Caitanya Mahaprabhu and HIS devotees. OM.

    ReplyDelete