Friday, January 16, 2015

MAGIC CARPET RIDE


Overwhelmed... pretty much all of the time..
It's hard for me to be around other people. The experience is so intense.

Like today, the gardeners were here at the community. It's my father's house, I have nothing...
One man from Guatemala speaks fluent English. He is friendly and we talk sometimes a little bit. "How are you. Nice day..."

Today there was some brush in the back of the house where Tulsi devi's garden is. I have a sign for them not to come there because they can be rough on the plants and I don't want anything to happen to Tulsi devi and the fruit trees there.
It is a scared space that they do not necessarily recognize.

But today I asked this man if he would take the brush away and we talked for some time near Tulsi devi. I introduced him to Tulsi. The sacred plant. And told him She would give him some special blessings. He liked that very much.

He is a little older than the rest of the crew, maybe 50. Has no family. His father is in Guatemala and his sister is here in the US but they have no communication. She is busy with her family.
He says he is just waiting to die. He reads the Bible and waits to die.
I chanted Hare Krishna mantra very loudly several times just because.

We talked about how temporary everything is. But how we are spirit.
My face hurt from smiling.
He left to keep doing his gardening work.

There was voice screaming inside me, "Give him something more to go on!!"
I asked, "What? prasadam? Tulsi leaves?"
The voice said, "The man is intelligent. He will read a book."
I don't have a supply of books to distribute... But I do have a Science of Self Realization a devotee sent to me.
When I touched the book it was glowing.

I was propelled as if on a magic carpet and found where they were working in the neighborhood. The other men were all there watching. He took the book...it was still glowing in his hands. He looked at the cover, Srila Prabhupada.. looked at me, looked at the cover, looked at me and said, "Thank you. I will read this."

I felt like I had flown in from another planet to deliver this.
And then I flew away.

I used to distribute books all day long every day for years. But this was intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment