Friday, August 1, 2014

RESPONSE TO BLOG POST: NO! NO! NOT CRAP!

In response to a blog post NO! NO! NOT CRAP!

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:05 am
Gold: 6280
I am still not clear with "why surrender"?
Are we criminals?
Are we not supposed to Love Him and serve Him unconditionally?

Hare Krishna
Meena Devi Dasi
A min ago
"I am still not clear with "why surrender"?
Are we criminals?" Yes. Nothing belongs to us. Yet we claim this is my body, my family, my house, my car my, my, my.. Everything belongs to Krishna and is meant for to be engaged in His devotional service. So we are thieves. And if we renounce it is still criminal. Like if I go into a store and leave with a television without paying for it and they stop me at the door and I say, "I renounce this television." What is that renunciation? It is not mine, I am a thief and I get caught. Prahlada maharaja in the Bhagavatam describes 9 processes of devotional service. Hearing, chanting, remembering Vishnu, offering prayers, serving the Lotus Feet, worshiping, carrying out order, making friends with and offering everything to the Lord. It by performing these 9 processes of devotional service that the Lord is known. Even just one of the 9 is sufficient. Not by cultivation of knowledge, performing austerities, sacrifices, giving in charity, etc.. The Bhagavatam is filled with account after account of devotees who act in these devotional ways and achieve the darshan of the Lord. This the knowledge we are looking for that opens the door to the transcendence.

No comments:

Post a Comment