Monday, June 9, 2014

TODAY WAS EKADASI


Today was Ekadasi. I didn't follow nirjala, just fasting till noon and no grains or beans. It seems on Ekadasi I get a huge craving for grains and beans. Maybe it is just the psychology, knowing I won't be taking any that day. So there is that aspect of restraint. 

But there was another experience today. Ekadasi is meant for increasing hearing and chanting. So I decided not to do anything. There are a million and one projects underway and everywhere I look there is something that needs to be done, paint the screens, finish Tulsi devi's wall, put in the light kit on the ceiling fan... on and on.... So I had to say no. No grains and beans and no projects. Hearing and chanting only. It was very austere on both accounts. 

Ekadasi is a special day. I want to honor Ekadasi more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment