Wednesday, June 18, 2014

IF I WANT TO BE A DEVOTEE OF KRISHNA


 


In the Ādi Purāṇa there is the following statement by Lord Kṛṣṇa Himself, addressed to Arjuna: "My dear Pārtha, one who claims to be My devotee is not so. Only a person who claims to be the devotee of My devotee is actually My devotee." No one can approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly [Cc. Madhya 13.80]. One must approach Him through His pure devotees. (Nectar of Devotion 12)

So if I want to be a devotee of Krishna let me serve His Pure Devotees. Jaya Tulsi devi maharani.

The wall made from discarded brick roof tiles (that I found by the side of the road) surrounding Tulsi's garden is finished. It really came out nicely. During heavy downpours like there is here from time to time the area tends to flood. But with the wall and some extra build up of grass and soil all around the outside the flooding should by-pass Tulsi. We'll know soon enough if this helps. But the wall does keep the invasive plants and creepers from overtaking Tulsi. 

I planted some small succulents around the outer edge of the inside of the wall. They don't have impressive blooms to speak of. They have unusual foliage. Just to keep Tulsi company. So it is "very green" in the garden.
Like ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment