Sunday, January 19, 2014

In response to: THAT'S TOO MUCH


In response to:
THAT'S TOO MUCH


Manju Sharma
Meenaji, Hare Krishna...i just couldn't comprehend why you want your dear Lord to stay away from you...the seeker is always yearning to meet His beloved Lord n in fact we just need to feel Him inside our heart n He is there....i don't know why you are sounding a little sad...may the kind Lord bring cheer in your life n make you optimistic about His presence. 

Meena Devi Dasi Replies to Manju Sharma
I had no idea that I had this fear until yesterday morning while I was chanting Hare Krishna mantra. I have read and heard that the Lord can and does appear to His devotees. He appeared to Dhruva maharaja in His Vishnu form, to Gajendra, to Bali Maharaja as Vamana deva. There are many accounts of Him appearing personally to His devotee. Talking with the devotee. As I was chanting I became afraid. Here I was chanting and praying for pure devotional service. Did I think He wasn't listening? What if He appeared? Not that I am a pure devotee, but the Lord can do anything. I became afraid. So I could understand that I still have attachments to the material conception of self which means material desires. He could have appeared but I said no, not yet. I'm not ready. He could have taken me home back to Godhead in an instant. He can and does do that. So I could see I have more fear than love. But it is a gradual process for most of us. Developing the love and attachment to Krishna. I am excited and blissful knowing I am on the path. One day... I will be ready. Hare Krishna...

This a good article discussing God and hiding: 

Hiding from God and God’s Hiddenness

No comments:

Post a Comment