Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I MUST HAVE BEEN GLOWING


Waiting in the waiting room for an eye exam, I put ear plugs in my ears to muffle the sound of the TV which was showing something called "Hearts and Souls." People who all died and were on their way to another realm together on a bus but got delayed and take the opportunity to return to their loved ones to right any wrongs. So it was a little weird; the supernatural movie playing, that there is another level of existence.

And there I was sitting next to the TV and facing front to the people who were mesmerized by the movie… chanting away on my beads. I was different from them. I didn't need to fit in with the crowd. By seeing me chanting they could get some mercy. Seeing and hearing someone chanting Hare Krishna Maha mantra. 

I wanted to run up to the them, tell them the wonderful news,” Krishna's sankirtan movement is taking place right now on this planet and spreading everywhere. Get the mercy, get out of material illusion and become blissful and happy and return home back to the spiritual sky just by hearing and chanting about Krishna."

I kept chanting softly on my beads. I realized more and more how everything is there in the Holy Name:

Every Ratha yatra ever performed is there in the Maha mantra all the way to the original Ratha yatra enacted by the Lord and His eternal associates themselves.

Every offering, every service ever rendered to every one of the Vishnu deity forms that ever were manifest is there in the Maha mantra.

Every pastime of the Lord is there in the Maha mantra.

Every incarnation of the Lord is there in the Maha mantra.

The entire spiritual world and all the devotees and all of His eternal associates are all there in the Maha mantra.

Every Maha mantra ever chanted by anyone is there in the Maha Mantra all the way to the original inauguration of the chanting of the sankirtan movement by Lord Chaitanya Himself.

The Maha mantra is unlimited.

All knowledge is there in the maha mantra.

All bliss and ecstasy are there in the Maha mantra.

The Maha mantra is Krishna Himself.

I must have been glowing with joy as I chanted Hare Krishna and the people could see me chanting. How happy I was, thinking these wonderful things. 

How could I make them understand? 

They could somehow understand just be seeing me relishing the chanting of the Maha mantra and hearing the Maha mantra.


They will get another chance to hear the chanting. 

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment