Sunday, December 21, 2014

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT?


It probably won't be long.
He is living in his mind.
His body has become useless.

He has not practiced Krishna consciousness
Although he had every opportunity to take it up
Preferring instead to take shelter of bodily and mental strength
But now... bodily strength is gone
And the mind races madly to find some shelter.

Where is my father? Where is my brother?
Where is my sister? They are all gone years ago.
Where is my wife? She must be in the kitchen getting something ready.
She has been gone 3 years.
Where is my son? He has been gone 20 years.

I can't see. I need to go to the eye doctor.
You have been to the eye doctor. There is no cure.

I'm not staying here in this room. This bed.
You  have influenza. There is an epidemic. You have to stay.
No I'm not staying.
I'm getting out of this bed and walking out of here.
You can't walk. You fall down. You had a stroke and your leg is too weak.
Don't tell me I can't.
They come to put a sedative in his IV.

Lying in the bed. Passing stool and urine in the bed.
The food here is lousy.

How important is it to practice Krishna consciousness?
There is nothing more important....

Offer your food to Krishna
And chant His Holy Names...

No comments:

Post a Comment