Friday, October 24, 2014

EVERYONE ELSE


So unhappy today.

Everyone is serving Krishna except for me. 

I don't see what service I am doing. I am not helping anyone. 

All I do is find fault with everyone else's service because I am envious that they are doing things to help others. 

Everyone else is serving Krishna by helping other people...helping the environment... helping the animals...

I am so unfortunate all I can do is chant and hear and remember Krishna. Living in a cave.

How is that helping anyone? 

I am so unfortunate. And selfish. But what can I do? I am not allowed to do anything else. 

The acaryas say that this is service...to hear and chant and remember Krishna. 

If that is so then it doesn't matter what someone does...a doctor...a carpet cleaner...a musician...a clerk.  

If devotional service means to hear and chant and remember Krishna then I am engaging in service. 

So I should just be happy with that...hearing chanting and remembering Krishna.

And just be appreciative that everyone else is doing all the helping others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment