Monday, June 24, 2013

DEVOTION IS THE THING TO PRAY FOR



Meena: In this section here, where we're discussing about approaching the devotee because you want Krishna. I was just thinking about that. Like myself...I don't really want Krishna. (laughing) Sorry about that, but...

Gaurahari: Oh my God. (laughing)

Mahavirya: Who's this atheist? This is big dust coming out now. (laughing)

Meena: What I see in the devotee that attracts me isn’t actually Krishna. It's love for Krishna. That's what I see in the devotee and that's what I want. I see they have love for Krishna and I want love for Krishna so that's what attracts me to the devotee. That's what they have that I want.

Mahavirya: Okay, I see now. She's a spy from Radharani's camp. She's not in Krishna's camp. She's in Radharani's camp. What’s she doing here?

Gaurahari, Mahavirya: (laughing)

Gaurahari: Actually, you know, that's interesting you say that because that's like the pastimes in Dvarka where Vasudeva and Devaki in their previous life... they spent twenty thousand celestial years to get Krishna as their son. They got that…Krishna as their son. But Yasoda and Nanda were also doing austerities to get this prema bhakti, this devotion. They wanted that. So what was the result? The result was Devaki and Vasudeva got Krishna as their son but Krishna went to give prema bhakti to Nanda...over there (Vrndavana) and have pastimes with them on the level of this prema bhakti because they wanted that. They didn't ask for Krishna as their son. They wanted this prema...this devotion. So you've got the right mood. (laughing) You're right on target...for the highest.

Mahavirya: So actually, it’s a kind of liberation. It's one of the four kinds of liberation that devotees may sometimes accept. One of them is to be close to the Lord, in association with the Lord, be on the same planet, have the same features. These are different kinds of liberations. But the devotee won't accept this if it hampers his devotional service…this bhakti.

Gaurahari: You know, I just got this lightning flash. If you get the devotion...Krishna's attracted by Radharani…He's even attracted by Radharani. He's attracted to devotion. So if I pray for Krishna then I may get Krishna but without devotion can I realize Krishna? No.

It's like that washerman in Mathura, when Krishna goes and Lord Chaitanya said in the pastime revealing more about that, this washerman who was adverse to Him. Krishna asked him will you do a little service? And the washer man had no love for Him. Well, I see You Krishna. You're blue and all these things but he was against Him. He didn’t have any love for Krishna. He had no devotion. He did austerities for a long time, his whole life to get association with Krishna but he obviously didn’t have a bonafide guru or serve one properly who had devotion for Krishna.

Mahavirya: Yah, he had bad association, Kamsa.

Gaurahari: Yah, and he had bad association with Kamsa. A devotee who has devotion will not serve a Kamsa. Devotion protects us. Love of God protects us, it nurtures us, it draws us to Krishna so that we can understand and realize His glories. Devotion is the thing to pray for.



No comments:

Post a Comment